Saturday, September 25, 2010

Students Weave the Night Away

For many of my faithful readers, you will recall that I attended a yarn dyeing workshop last spring.  Well, remember the yarn I dyed?  It's back!  That's right, I finally have the chance to do something with that yarn.  I am currently in a weaving class and I love it.  Weaving is way more time consuming than I thought but the finished product is well worth it.
The class is mixed of expert weavers and beginning weavers.  This is a great combination because at times when the teacher isn't available you can ask a fellow classmate.  Especially when you find yourself weaving late into the night and you cant contact the teacher.
The most labor intensive part about weaving ,besides dyeing, is preparing the loom.  This takes several steps which are very time consuming.  If one step is not done correctly then that can throw your whole progress off.

Learning new things can be challenging at first but very exciting.  Indiana University offers a wide variety of classes for whatever you want to learn more about.  I have taken and found classes that I thought never thought existed and IU continues to amaze me.  If your willing to go outside your comfort zone and try something new then go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment