Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Allow Me to Introduce Myself!



Hello World! My name is Dayja Westmoreland and I want to welcome you to my blog.  I am a senior at Indiana University in Bloomington.  This is my fourth year living in the campus dorms and it is great.  The best thing about living on campus is not only are you closer to your classes but your more involved with your community. It is so much easier to meet new people and participate in RPS/IU events.  Most of my closest relationships were formed with people that lived in my surrounding dorms.  Each dorm has unique attributes that can contribute positively to your academic career.  Just by living in the dorms you become more informed about our campus.  That is the main reason I choice to stay in the dorms for all of my four years at Indiana University.  Below is a picture of me right before senior year and after I cut 90% of my hair off!  It grew on me but what do you think?




My major is Fashion Merchandising with a minor in African Languages and Studio Arts.  I am a very creative person and have many outlets of creativity.  I grew up sewing which helped me develop my love for fashion.  Unfortunately my schedule allows very little time to sew but whenever I get a chance to it is such a stress reliever.




I was born and raised in the grand city of Indianapolis.  Graduating from Arsenal Technical High School, I also recieved my certificate in Fashion Merchandising from Career Technology Center. I was a member on the vollyball team but spent most of my high school free time working at a local clothing store. Above is a picture of my aunt and I at my high school graduation. Below is one of my favorite pictures I did for a class project.  I did a series that depicted the seven deadly sins of women using barbie dolls.  I had so much fun with this assignment!
Honestly, I did not want to go to school n Indiana but after visiting IU, it was difficult to say no! College is mostly what you make of it.  It is up to you to make your experience great no matter where you attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment