Friday, February 5, 2010

Hutton Honor's Ball

With a weekend free of important homework, I decided to attend the Hutton Honors Masquerade Ball.  I was very excited for the chance to get dolled up and dance with my fellow scholars.  Searching through my closet, I couldn't decide whether my outfit should be dressy or casual.  After much debate and a trial and error session, I decided to go with a simple mixture of both.  Even though it was freezing outside, living in Collins is the optimal spot for travel to the IMU. So that Saturday night , January 23, I headed over to Alumni Hall at the IMU.

When I stepped into the IMU I could instantly feel the vibration of the music beneath my feet.  There were crowds of people still making their way upstairs.  Some were dressed very casual in jeans but others took the opportunity to show off a "prom" look.  The array of big colorful gowns and classic black tuxedos made me feel slightly underdressed but I'll be more prepared next ball.  The dance floor was full of people and the tables had several stations to make your own mask.  You could decorate your mask with glitter, feathers, pompoms, chenille stems and gems.  Some bought their own already made mask and they got pretty fancy.

The deejay played a variety of hip-hop and pop.  My favorite songs were the old school boy band hits that made me reminisce of high school.  Also, it was funny to see how wild the crowd got singing *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys.  The night ended all too soon with the crowd begging the deejay for one more song.  He reluctantly agreed and the party goers danced out the door and down the hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment