Saturday, September 4, 2010

Welcome IU Students

Welcome back IU students! I hope you're having a great transition to Indiana University, whether your new or an old face here on campus. I’m Dayja and a returning blogger for RPS. This is my last semester at Indiana University and I’m hoping to make it an interesting semester.
Takoradi
I had a very exciting summer. This summer I had the opportunity to travel to Ghana. I studied the Ghanaian language at IU and wanted the chance to use it fulltime. So for 3 months I lived and traveled in Ghana. The first month I taught English and literature at a local middle school. The rest of my time was spent traveling the various landmarks that Ghana had to offer.
Cape Coast
Elmina Castle
My favorite site was the Kakum National Park where we walked across the famous canopy walkway bridges.
Canopy Walkway
I had a truly great experience in Ghana. I loved experiencing another culture so different from my own. It made you appreciate the things you didn’t have as well as the things you didn’t want. If you ever get the opportunity to travel outside the United States, take it. I promise you won't regret it!
Kumasi Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment